Makes 8 servings.
- 1 3-ounce package Cook 'n Serve lemon pudding and pie filling mix
- 1/3 plus 1/4 cup Sugar, divided
- 2 cups water
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups cooked rice
- whipped cream for garnish (optional)
- lemon twist for garnish (optional)
- Combine pudding mix, 1/3 cup Sugar, egg and water in medium saucepan.
- Cook, stirring constantly, over medium heat until thickened, about 10 to 12 minutes.
- Cool. Whip cream with vanilla and remaining 1/4 cup Sugar.
- Fold rice and whipped cream into pudding.
- Pour into serving dishes and chill.
- Garnish with whipped cream and lemon twist, if desired.