Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Source: Con Mucho Gusto, The Desert Club of Mesa, AZ
- Makes 10 Servings
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 1 small onion, chopped
- ¼ cup + 2 tbsp butter or margarine, melted and divided
- 2½ cups water
- 2 tsp grated lemon rind
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- ¼ tsp dried whole thyme
- 1 tsp salt
- ⅛ tsp pepper
- 1¼ cups uncooked long-grain rice
- ¾ lb fresh mushrooms, thinly sliced
- Sauté sliced celery and chopped onion in 3 tbsp melted butter in a large skillet.
- Stir in water, lemon rind, lemon juice, thyme, salt and pepper. Bring mixture to a boil.
- Add rice; Cover, reduce heat and simmer 20 minutes or until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed.
- Sauté mushrooms in remaining 3 tbsp butter in a small skillet until tender. Drain.
- Add mushrooms to rice mixture; stir well.