Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Source: Con Mucho Gusto, The Desert Club of Mesa, AZ
- Makes 10 Servings
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 1 small onion, chopped
- ¼ cup + 2 tbsp butter or margarine, melted and divided
- 2½ cups water
- 2 tsp grated lemon rind
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- ¼ tsp dried whole thyme
- 1 tsp salt
- ⅛ tsp pepper
- 1¼ cups uncooked long-grain rice
- ¾ lb fresh mushrooms, thinly sliced
- Sauté sliced celery and chopped onion in 3 tbsp melted butter in a large skillet.
- Stir in water, lemon rind, lemon juice, thyme, salt and pepper. Bring mixture to a boil.
- Add rice; Cover, reduce heat and simmer 20 minutes or until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed.
- Sauté mushrooms in remaining 3 tbsp butter in a small skillet until tender. Drain.
- Add mushrooms to rice mixture; stir well.