- Source: Choice Cooking, Canadian Diabetes Association 1986
- 4 tsp cornstarch (try 2 tbsp)
- 1 cup water
- peel of 1 lemon, grated
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp margarine or butter
- 8 tsp sugar substitute, aspartame
- Combine cornstarch, water, lemon peel and lemon juice in a small heavy saucepan.
- Beat in egg.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly until thickened and clear.
- Stir in margarine and sweetener.
Nutrtional information Edit
- 20 g carbohydrate, 10 g protein, 10 g fat (210 calories) real sugar
- add 48 calories and 12.4 grams carbohydrate per extra tbsp cornstarch
- add 29 calories and 7 grams carbohydrate per extra tbsp egg
- subtract 1 med-fat meat exchange if not used.
- adjust for the number of servings.