Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup margarine
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- 2 tablespoons poppy seeds
- 1/2 cup soy milk
- 1/2 cup water
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Grease a baking sheet.
- Sift the flour, Sugar, baking powder and salt into a large bowl. Cut in margarine until the mixture is the consistency of large grains of sand. I like to use my hands to rub the margarine into the flour. Stir in poppy seeds, lemon zest and lemon juice. Combine the soy milk and water, and gradually stir into the dry ingredients until the batter is moistened, but still thick like biscuit dough. You may not need all of the liquid.
- Spoon 1/4 cup sized plops of batter onto the greased baking sheet so they are about 3 inches apart.
- Bake for 10 to 15 minutes the preheated oven, until golden