Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The ground chestnut in this recipe represents the yellow dust of the Mongolian dessert. Serves 8 - 10
- 2 pounds fresh chestnuts
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup Sugar
- 1 1/4 cups heavy cream
- 3 1/2 tablespoons caster sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- a few drops vanilla extract (optional)
- Make a cut on the flat side of each chestnut. Simmer the chestnuts in boiling water for 40 – 45 minutes.
- Drain the chestnuts, allow to cool, and then shell them, being sure to remove all of the inner skin.
- Grind the chestnuts into a fine powder. Combine with the salt with the Sugar and stir.
- Whip the cream into the desired thickness and then fold in the caster sugar.
- Add the vanilla extract and lemon juice now if desired.
- To Serve: Either form the chestnut mixture into one large mound or form smaller mounds in individual serving bowls.
- Top with the whipped cream mixture.