Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Dessert Recipes by the South Carolina Department of Agriculture, public domain government resource—original source of recipe
- 1 lb. box brown sugar
- 1 lb. butter
- 6 egg yolks, beaten
- 4 c. all purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 (2 oz.) bottle lemon extract
- 1/2 lb. candied cherries
- 1/2 lb. candied pineapple
- 6 egg whites, beaten
- 1 qt. shelled pecans (chopped)
- Cream sugar and butter until smooth. Add egg yolks and mix well.
- Combine 2 cups flour and baking powder and add to creamed mixture. Add lemon extract.
- Coat pecans and fruit with 2 cups flour and add to creamed mixture.
- Fold in stiff beaten egg whites.
- Let stand overnight in refrigerator.
- Grease, flour, and line tube cake pan.
- Use brown paper bags to cut lining for cake pan.
- Grease and flour brown paper as well as pan.
- Pour mixture into lined pan.
- Cut brown paper cover for top of cake.
- Bake at 250°F for 2 1/2 hours.
- Keep covered during baking until last 15 minutes.