Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Contributed by World Recipes Y-Group
- 1½ cups sugar
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1½ cups water
- dash of salt
- 3 egg yolks
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons lemon zest; finely grated
- ⅓ cup fresh squeezed lemon juice
- Combine sugar, flour, cornstarch and dash of salt in a medium saucepan.
- Gradually stir 1½ cups water.
- Cook, stirring constantly, over medium high heat til thickened and bubbly.
- Reduce heat; cook and stir for 2 more minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- Beat egg yolks slightly.
- Gradually stir in 1 cup of the hot filling into the yolks.
- Return the mixture to the saucepan and bring to a gentle boil.
- Cook and stir for 2 more minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in butter and lemon zest.
- Gradually stir in lemon juice.
- Mix well, but gently.
- Pour hot filling into prebaked pie crust.
- Combine egg whites, vanilla and cream of tartar and beat at medium speed until soft peaks form.
- Gradually add sugar and beat on high speed until stiff, glossy peaks form and sugar is completely disolved.
- Spread meringue over pie filling, being careful to seal to the edge of the crust.
- Bake in a 350f oven for 15 minutes.
- Cool on a wire rack.
- Chill til serving time.