For fruit, chicken, or seafood salads.
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 2 tsp dry mustard
- 1½ tsp salt
- 1 cup water
- 2 medium eggs, beaten
- ⅓ cup lemon juice, fresh
- 2 tbsp white vinegar
- sugar substitute to 6 tsp sugar
- Combine cornstarch, mustard, and salt in the top of a double boiler.
- Combine water and beaten eggs.
- Slowly add to cornstarch mixture, stirring constantly, until smooth.
- Cook over simmering water for 5 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Very slowly stir in the lemon and vinegar.
- Continue cooking and stirring over simmering water for 10 more minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- Add the sweetener; mix well.
- Pour into a pint jar, cover, and store in refrigerator.
- Stir well before each use.
Nutritional information Edit
- Cal: 20 | cho: 2g | pro: 1g | fat: 1g | sod: 256
- Low-sodium diet: omit salt.
- Food exchanges: up to 2 tablespoons may be considered "free"