Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
For fruit, chicken, or seafood salads.
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 2 tsp dry mustard
- 1½ tsp salt
- 1 cup water
- 2 medium eggs, beaten
- ⅓ cup lemon juice, fresh
- 2 tbsp white vinegar
- sugar substitute to 6 tsp sugar
- Combine cornstarch, mustard, and salt in the top of a double boiler.
- Combine water and beaten eggs.
- Slowly add to cornstarch mixture, stirring constantly, until smooth.
- Cook over simmering water for 5 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Very slowly stir in the lemon and vinegar.
- Continue cooking and stirring over simmering water for 10 more minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- Add the sweetener; mix well.
- Pour into a pint jar, cover, and store in refrigerator.
- Stir well before each use.
Nutritional information Edit
- Cal: 20 | cho: 2g | pro: 1g | fat: 1g | sod: 256
- Low-sodium diet: omit salt.
- Food exchanges: up to 2 tablespoons may be considered "free"