Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- 175 g self raising flour, sieved
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 200 g butter or margarine, softened
- 259 g caster sugar
- 2 tsp lemon rind
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp golden syrup
- 2 tbsp milk
- 6 – 7 tbsp lemon juice hot
- 175 g icing sugar
- 175 g lemon curd
- angelica to decorate
- Line base of loaf dish.
- Sieve the flours and baking powder together.
- Beat 125 g butter and 175 g caster sugar together until the mixture is creamy and pale.
- Add the grated rind to the butter and sugar beat in eggs one at a time, and syrup.
- Fold in sifted flour.
- Add milk to give a soft dropping consistency.
- Spoon mixture into the prepared dish and level the surface.
- Cook on high for 6 – 7 minutes, turning dish several times for ovens without turn tables.
- Mix sugar and hot lemon juice together.
- Turn out cake onto a board or tray and pour on the syrup.
- Cool fully if you wish to ice.
- Beat together the rest of the butter, icing sugar and lemon curd.
- When smooth, spread neatly over the top and sides with a palette knife.
- Then pipe rosettes on top and decorate with angelica.