Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- Lightly oil a loaf pan.
- Preheat your oven to 350°F.
- Mix together the dry ingredients (except the sugar).
- Finely grate the lemon peel (just the yellow part. The white part is bitter!) and stir into the flour mixture.
- Squeeze the juice from the lemon and in a small bowl, mix it with the ¼ cup of powdered beet sugar.
- Set aside for the glaze.
- Beat the margarine or oil and sugar together in a separate, large bowl, until it looks quite creamy.
- Add the egg replacer and alternate adding ½ of the flour mixture with ½ of milk mixture at a time, beating well between additions.
- Add the vanilla and mix well.
- Pour into the loaf pan and bake 50–60 minutes until it tests done (slip a toothpick into the centre and if it comes out clean, it's finished baking).
- Let cool on the counter for ten minutes, then drizzle with the glaze.
- Let cool another ten minutes, then turn out onto a cooling rack.
- Serve at room temperature.