Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Dainty Desserts for Dainty People -- Knox Gelatine Cookbook from 1915, out of copyright
- Soak gelatine in cold water five minutes, and dissolve in boiling water.
- Add sugar and stir until dissolved; then add lemon juice.
- Strain through cheese cloth into molds, first dipped in cold water, and chill.
Variation: Lemon Jelly with Berries
- Turn two-thirds Lemon Jelly mixture in border mold, first dipped in cold water, and when mixture begins to stiffen garnish with blackberries, and add remaining mixture.
- Chill thoroughly, remove from mold to serving dish, and fill center with blackberries.
- Note: Strawberries or raspberries may be used in place of blackberries.