Dainty Desserts for Dainty People -- Knox Gelatine Cookbook from 1915, out of copyright
- Soak gelatine in cold water five minutes, and dissolve in boiling water.
- Add sugar and stir until dissolved; then add lemon juice.
- Strain through cheese cloth into molds, first dipped in cold water, and chill.
Variation: Lemon Jelly with Berries
- Turn two-thirds Lemon Jelly mixture in border mold, first dipped in cold water, and when mixture begins to stiffen garnish with blackberries, and add remaining mixture.
- Chill thoroughly, remove from mold to serving dish, and fill center with blackberries.
- Note: Strawberries or raspberries may be used in place of blackberries.