Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Yield: 4 servings.
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/8 cup olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 16 ounces tempeh
- 1 large Onion, sliced into rings
- 4 whole Wheat hamburger rolls
- Preheat the oven to 400 °F.
- In a small bowl, combine the lemon juice, olive oil, thyme, and blackpepper for a marinade; set aside. Cut the tempeh into pieces.
- Place the tempeh pieces in a steamer ormetal sieve over boiling water and steam for 15 minutes.
- In a 2-quart casserole dish, combine the tempeh and the onions; pour the marinade over them.
- Refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
- Bake the tempeh, onions, and marinade, covered, for 30 minutes;
- Orcook the tempeh and onions over a grill until heated through, basting with the marinade.
- To serve, place the tempeh and onions on the hamburger rolls.Garnish with lettuce and sliced tomatoes.
- 373 calories;
- 22 grams protein;
- 18 grams fat;
- 33 grams carbohydrate;