A Catfish recipe.
- ½ cup Worcestershire sauce
- ½ cup fresh lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 to 4 drops tabasco
- ½ teaspoon ground thyme
- U.S. farm-raised catfish fillets, whole or cut into strips
- Mix all the seasoning ingredients in a jar with a tight-fitting lid; shake well to mix thoroughly.
- The marinade will keep in the refrigerator for several weeks.
- Wash catfish fillets and pat dry.
- Cover fillets with marinade and refrigerate for at least 1 hour, or up to 4 hours.
- Grill over a medium-hot fire, basting with marinade.
- If you prefer to cook inside, melt a tablespoon of butter in a heavy skillet on high heat.
- Place the catfish in the hot skillet, shaking it to prevent sticking.
- Cook the fish, turning and shaking the pan for 3 to 4 minutes until done.
- Serve immediately.