- 3 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 3 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp chopped chile pepper
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh lavender (optional)
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 lb lemon cucumbers, thinly sliced
- 1 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- ½ red bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- red-leaf lettuce leaves
- In small bowl, combine vinegar, oil, chile pepper and lavender if using.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- In medium bowl, combine cucumbers, onion and red pepper.
- Pour over dressing and toss to coat.
- Let stand 10 minutes.
- Arrange lettuce leaves on individual serving plates.
- Spoon a generous amount of salad over leaves.
- Serve right away.