Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Lemon custard Edit
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- ¾ cup lemon juice
- ¾ cup boiling water
- 1 tbsp lemon rind, grated
- 1 tbsp diet margarine
- sugar substitute equivalent to ½ cup sugar
- In food processor , combine flour and margarine; process with on-off motion till coarse crumbs.
- Add water and blend until mixture forms a ball.
- Roll out on a floured surface to 12 inch circle, line 9 inch pie plate.
- Trim edges.
- Cover pastry with 9 inch circle of waxed paper; prick holes through paper and pastry with fork.
- Weigh down with dried beans or rice; bake in 350f oven 10 minutes.
- Remove beans and paper; bake 15 to 20 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Let cool.
Lemon custard Edit
- In food processor or blender, blend egg yolks, cornstarch, gelatin and lemon juice;.
- Add boiling water and blend thoroughly.
- Blend in lemon rind and margarine.
- Pour in small pan and heat to boiling, stirring constantly, until thickened.
- Let cool; slightly; stir in sweetener.
- Pour in pie crust.
- Chill for 2 hours.
- In bowl, beat egg whites until stiff, but not dry, peaks forms.
- Prepare whipped topping according to package directions, substituting milk for water.
- Gently fold in egg whites.
- Spread over chilled custard.
- Garnish with lemon slices.
- Serve immediately.
- ½ cup sugar = 12 packets most sugar substitute, where 1 packet = 2 tsp sugar.
- "bulk" sugar substitute usually is 1 tsp = 1 tsp sugar, most liquid sugar substitute are sweeter;
- with ½ tsp = 1 tsp sugar check the package label before measuring.
Nutritional information Edit
Food choice value per serving (Canadian Diabetes Association) each serving 1/9 of recipe:
- ½ protein choice | 1 starchy choice | ½ fruits & vegetables choice | 1½ fats & oils choice
- 19 g carbohydrate | 5 g protein | 8 g total fat | 172 calorie