This pretty layered dessert is requested often at family gatherings. I have served it at both bridal & baby showers, says Patricia Schmeling
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Source: Taste of Home Test Kitchen Favorites
- 18 – 24 servings
- 1½ cup sugar
- ⅓ cup + 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 1½ cup cold water
- 3 egg yolks, lightly beaten
- 3 tbsp butter, cubed
- 2 tsp grated lemon peel
- ½ cup lemon juice
- 1 (8 oz) pkg cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup confectioner's sugar
- 2 cup cold milk
- 2 (3.4 oz) box instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 (16 oz) tub frozen whipped topping, thawed
- In saucepan, combine sugar and cornstarch; gradually stir in water until smooth.
- Bring to boil; cook and stir 1 min or until thickened.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir a sm amount of hot filling into egg yolks; return all to pan, stirring constantly.
- Bring to gentle boil; cook and stir 1 min.
- Remove from heat; stir in butter and lemon peel.
- Gently stir in lemon juice.
- Refrigerate until cool.
- In bowl, combine flour and nuts.
- Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Press onto bottom a greased 13"x9"x2" baking dish.
- Bake at 350°F for 15 – 20 minutes or until edges are golden.
- Cool on wire rack.
- In lg mixing bowl, beat cream cheese and confectioner's sugar until smooth; spread over crust.
- Spread with cooled lemon mixture.
- In another bowl, whisk milk, pudding mixes and vanilla, 2 minutes or until slightly thickened; let stand 2 minutes or until soft-set.
- Fold in ½ of whipped topping.
- Spread over lemon layer.
- Spread with remaining topping.
- Refrigerate at least 4 hours before cutting.