Makes 4 servings
- 1 pound boneless chicken breast chunks
- salt, ground black pepper and paprika
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 cup uncooked rice
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- ½ teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1¾ cups chicken broth
- Juice of one lemon
- Chopped fresh parsley for garnish
- Season chicken with salt, pepper and paprika.
- Brown chicken in oil in large non-stick skillet over high heat.
- Add rice, oregano, lemon peel, broth and lemon juice; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, cover, and simmer 20 to 25 minutes, or until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed.
- Fluff with fork. Garnish with parsley.
Nutritional information Edit
- 339 calories | 28.7g Protein | 6.4g Fat | 38.5g Carbohydrate | 567mg Sodium | 70mg Cholesterol