Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Contributed by World Recipes Y-Group
- Makes About 16 Servings.
Crumb Crust Edit
- 3 pounds cream cheese, at room temperature
- ¾ cup sugar
- 6 large eggs, at room temperature
- ¼ cup strained lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 or 2 lemons, thinly sliced for garnish, optional
- mint sprig, for garnish, optional
Crumb Crust Edit
- Combine cookie crumbs and butter, stirring together with fork.
- Gently press mixture into bottom of buttered 10 inch spring-form pan.
- Bake at 325 °F for 15 minutes on middle rack until slightly dry.
- Cool slightly.
- Meanwhile beat cream cheese and sugar with electric mixer on low speed until just combined.
- Scrape bowl and beaters and beat in eggs, two at a time, scraping bowl and beaters between each addition to avoid lumps.
- Beat in eggs only until absorbed.
- Stir in lemon juice and vanilla.
- Wrap double thickness of aluminum foil around bottom of pan.
- Place pan in roasting pan.
- Pour in batter.
- Place pans in oven.
- Pour warm water to depth of 1 inch into lower pan.
- Bake at 325 °F about 1 hour or until lightly golden and firm, except for area about 2 inches in diameter in very center.
- Remove from oven.
- Loosen sides of cheesecake from pan with tip of small, sharp knife to prevent cracking.
- Leave cheesecake in the water filled pan until cool enough to handle.
- Remove pan from water.
- Peel away foil and cool to room temperature.
- Refrigerate cheesecake, loosely covered with foil, at least 8 hours or overnight.
- Loosen sides of pan from cheesecake with small, sharp knife.
- Remove side of pan.
- Garnish cheesecake with lemon slices and mint sprig.
- Cut cheesecake with sharp, thin knife, dipped in warm water and wiped clean between each cut.
See also Edit
Lemoncheesecake.net: Many Lemon Cheesecake recipes.