Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
These shortbread-style cookies always mean Christmas at our house.
- Makes about 4 dozen cookies
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup butter
- 3 oz cream cheese
- 1 egg yolk
- 2½ cups flour
- 1 cup finely chopped walnuts
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp grated lemon peel
- 1 bag of semi-sweet chocolate bits
- Cream butter, cream cheese and sugar
- Beat in egg yolk
- Stir in flour, walnuts, salt and lemon peel
- Refrigerate dough at least 2 hours
- Shape dough into "logs" -- roughly 3 inches by ¾ inches
- Place on ungreased cookie sheets
- Bake at 325° F until lightly browned
- Melt chocolate bits in a double boiler
- Dip one end of each bar into melted chocolate, and then into the non-pareils. Place on wax paper to set chocolate