Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This recipe was commissioned by HBO. "Lemon cakes are an expensive treat in the series, thus only the nobles get to enjoy the light, fluffy cakes. The top of the cakes form a pudding like custard full of robust flavor."
- 1/2 cup sugar plus additional for dusting ramekins
- 2 eggs, separated
- 3 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon all-purpose !our
- Pinch kosher salt
- 2/3 cup buttermilk
- 2 1/2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Finely chopped zest of 1 1/2 lemons
- Heat the oven to 300. Butter and lightly sugar 6 4-ounce ramekins.
- Beat the egg whites until they hold soft peaks then set them aside.
- Sift the sugar with the flour and salt.
- In a mixer, using the whisk attachment, combine the buttermilk, lemon juice, egg yolks and lemon zest.
- Gradually add the flour mixture then fold in the egg whites.
- Divide the batter between the prepared ramekins. Place the ramekins in a water bath (set the ramekins in a larger pan; fill the pan with enough hot water to come half way up the ramekins). Cover with aluminum foil.
- Bake until the cakes rise and are almost firm, about 25 minutes then uncover and continue baking until the tops are lightly golden and the cakes spring back when touched, about 15 minutes more.
- Unmold and serve.