Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Nothing can describe these, they are wonderful. My guys always have these with fresh blueberries, I like them plain but have done then with strawberries and raspberries. The work equally well with any berry. From a travelers website.. Posted to RecipeZaar but modified by BL Olson to be gluten and casein free.
- Contributed By FOODALLERGYKITCHEN Y-Group
- 3 – 4 servings / 12 – 15 pancakes
- 25 minutes, including 20 minutes prep
- 1¼ cups flour or gluten-free flour blend
- 2 tbsp sugar
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1¼ cups soured soy milk or buttermilk
- ½ cup sour cream, tofutti or avocado
- ¼ cup melted butter, canola or olive oil
- 2 eggs, separated
- ½ tsp vanilla
- ½ tbsp freshly grated lemon zest
- Have all ingredients at room temperature.
- Sift together flour, sugar, salt and soda.
- Whisk buttermilk, sour cream, butter and egg yolks.
- Stir in vanilla and zest.
- Whisk milk mixture into flour.
- Let batter rest about 15 minutes.
- Beat 2 egg whites into soft peaks and fold into batter.
- Use about ¼ cup per pancake and drop on preheated griddle or frying pan.
- Cook completely on one side.
- Sprinkle on a few berries then turn to finish cooking (may be omitted).