Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Contributed by World Recipes Y-Group
- 1 cup sugar
- 1½ cups flour
- ½ cup shortening
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 eggs, beaten
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup milk
- finely grated rind of 1 lemon
- ¼ cup sugar
- juice of 1 lemon
- Combine sugar, shortening, eggs, milk and lemon rind.
- Add dry ingredients to first mixture.
- Pour into greased 9 x 5 loaf pan and bake at 325°F for approximately 1 hour.
- While the loaf is baking combine ¼ cup sugar with lemon juice.
- Stir until sugar is dissolved.
- When loaf is baked allow to stay in pan for a few minutes.
- Turn it out on a plate.
- Pour sugar and lemon juice over loaf and leave to cool.
- Poke holes in loaf with fork before pouring juice.