Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Contributed by Healthy Recipes For Diabetic Friends Y-Group
- Original recipe
- Makes about 15 pieces
- 2 tablespoons cornmeal
- 2 cups unbleached pastry flour
- 1½ teaspoons baking powder
- 1½ teaspoons baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1½ cups sugar
- ¼ cup fresh squeezed lemon juice
- zest from 2 lemons, minced
- ¼ cup canola oil
- 1 egg
- 2 egg whites
- ⅔ cup buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups blueberries
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine dry ingredients, set aside.
- Add remaining ingredients, except blueberries, to the dry mixture, one at a time, stirring constantly until combined and smooth.
- Gently fold in blueberries.
- Lightly spray or wipe a 7x11-inch baking pan with vegetable oil.
- Pour the batter into the pan and bake for 45 minutes, or until toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Serve warm from the oven.
Nutritional information Edit
- 144 calories | 4g fat (0.5g saturated) | 1.5g protein | 26g carbohydrates | 13mg cholesterol | 229mg sodium