Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Contributed by World Recipes Y-Group
- Makes about 4 dozen biscotti.
- 2 cups flour
- ⅓ cup granulated sugar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 stick unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon zest
- Mix together flour, granulated sugar, salt and baking powder.
- Rub in butter with fingertips or pastry blender until mixture resembles cornmeal.
- Whisk eggs with lemon zest.
- Stir in flour mixture with fork until dough holds together.
- Scrape dough from bowl to floured work surface and knead lightly several times to mix.
- Divide dough into two equal pieces.
- Roll each into cylinder about 12 inches long.
- Transfer cylinders to baking sheet covered with parchment paper or buttered aluminum foil.
- Flatten them with palm of hand so that they are about ½ inch thick.
- Bake at 350 °F on middle rack about 30 minutes until well risen, deep golden and firm.
- Cool on pan for 15 minutes.
- Remove logs from pan.
- Cut into diagonal slices about ½ inch wide.
- Return slices to pan and arrange close together, cut side down.
- Bake about 20 minutes longer, until cut surfaces are deep golden in color.