Contributed by World Recipes Y-Group
- ½ cup beef flank steak, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons fresh squeezed lemon juice
- white pepper
- ¼ cup carrots, shredded
- ¼ cup fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- ½ teaspoon sugar
- ⅛ teaspoon red chile flakes
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest, finely minced
- 1 can water chestnuts, sliced
- ½ cup snow peas
- Heat a wok or skillet.
- Add 1 tablespoon vegetable oil.
- Add thinly sliced beef and saute until half cooked.
- Combine soy, hoisin, garlic, sugar, chile, lemon and cornstarch into sauce and add to beef.
- When glazey, about 1 minute, add salt and white pepper to taste and stir in vegetables.
- Stir fry until mushrooms and snow peas are cooked but still crunchy.
- Serve immediately with plain rice.