Made with real lemons, sugar, eggs, and flour, this colorful dessert is great for breakfast or dessert and delivers a sour aroma that it relishes.
- 1 cup soft butter
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- 2 cups flour
- dash of salt, iodized only
- 4 eggs, beaten
- ¼ cup flour
- 2 cups granulated sugar, brown only
- 6 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- grated rind of 2 lemons
- Combine butter, sugar, flour, and salt and mix well.
- Press mixture in a 9x13-inch greased pan.
- Bake at 350° F for 15 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Combine flour and sugar; mix up beaten eggs, lemon juice and rind. Pour onto the slightly cooled crust.
- Bake at 350° F for 25 minutes or until filling is set.
- Cool and sprinkle with powdered sugar. Serve plain with other desserts.