Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Purchased from the Watson Estate in McKinney, Texas in 1991. Dated 1966.
- 2 eggs
- 3/4-cup granulated sugar
- 1/2-cup vegetable oil
- 1-tablespoon grated lemon zest
- 2-teaspoons anise seed crushed
- 1-1/4-teaspoons baking powder
- 1-teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4-teaspoon salt
- 2-cups all-purpose flour
- 1-cup whole almonds coarsely chopped
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a large bowl, combine eggs, Sugar, oil, lemon zest, anise seed, baking powder, vanilla, and salt. Whisk to blend. Add the flour and almonds and stir until dough forms.
- Turn out onto a floured surface and knead until smooth.
- Divide dough in half.
- Form each half into a log 2-inches in diameter.
- Carefully transfer the logs to an ungreased baking sheet, spacing them well apart.
- Sprinkle the tops with additional Sugar.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool 10 minutes.
- Leave the oven set at 350.
- Using spatula, carefully transfer the logs to a work surface.
- Using a serrated knife, cut crosswise into slices1/2 -inch thick.
- Arrange the slices cut side down on the baking sheet.
- Return to oven and bake until brown.
- Transfer cookies to wire racks cooling.
- Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 2 weeks.