Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Makes 12 servings.
- 1 cup toasted blanched almonds
- 1½ cups sugar
- ½ cup matzo cake meal
- ½ tsp salt
- 9 large eggs, yolks and whites in separate bowls
- 1½ tsp + ¼ cup lemon juice
- ⅓ cup canola oil
- 1 tbs grated lemon peel
- 2 lemons
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. You will need a 10 inch tube pan with removable tube insert.
- Process almonds and ¼ cup sugar in a food processor until nuts are finely ground.
- Mix with matzo meal and salt.
- Beat egg whites until foamy.
- Add 1½ tsp lemon juice until soft peaks form.
- Add ¼ cup sugar, beat until stiff.
- Set aside.
- Beat yolks, 1 cup sugar, ¼ cup lemon juice, the oil and peel to blend.
- Fold in ¼ the whites, then nut mixture.
- Fold in remaining whites, pour into ungreased pan.
- Bake 55 min. or until top is browned and dry and cake springs back when touched.
- Place upside down on neck of a bottle to cool.
- To unmold---run a knife around edge and inner tube.
- Invert pan on serving plate, shake to release cake.
- Thinly slice 2 lemons.
- Bring 2 cups each sugar and water to a boil in a skillet.
- Add lemons, reduce heat and simmer 25 min. or until slices are translucent.
- Cool in syrup.
- Just before serving---add garnishes of candied lemon slices, whole raspberries and mint leaves.