Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Contributed by Healthy Recipes for Diabetic Friends Y-Group
- From: Diabetic Living Diet
- Servings: 8
- 2 tbsp water
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ½ tsp lemon peel
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp Dijon-style mustard
- 2 tsp fresh basil
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 lb tiny, whole vegetables such as carrots, zucchini, and/or pattypan squash
- ½ lb sugar snap peas
- 12 cherry tomatoes
- fresh oregano
- For dressing, in a screw-top jar combine water, oil, lemon peel, lemon juice, mustard, basil or oregano, and garlic.
- In a large saucepan cook carrots, zucchini, and/or yellow squash in a small amount of water, covered, for 3 minutes.
- Add sugar snap peas; cook for 2 to 3 minutes more or until vegetables are crisp-tender.
- Drain; rinse vegetables with cold water.
- Drain again.
- In a large bowl combine the cooked vegetables, tomatoes, and salad dressing, tossing gently to coat.
- Cover and chill for at least 2 hours or overnight before serving.
- If desired, garnish with oregano.
Nutritional information Edit
- 59 Calories | 2g Total Fat | 0g Saturated Fat | 43mg Sodium | 9g Carbs | 3g Dietary Fiber | 0g Sugars | 0mg Cholesterol | 2g Protein
- Exchanges: 1½ vegetable | ½ fat
- Carb Choices: ½