Contributed by Healthy Recipes for Diabetic Friends Y-Group
- From: Diabetic Living Diet
- Servings: 8
- 2 tbsp water
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ½ tsp lemon peel
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp Dijon-style mustard
- 2 tsp fresh basil
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 lb tiny, whole vegetables such as carrots, zucchini, and/or pattypan squash
- ½ lb sugar snap peas
- 12 cherry tomatoes
- fresh oregano
- For dressing, in a screw-top jar combine water, oil, lemon peel, lemon juice, mustard, basil or oregano, and garlic.
- In a large saucepan cook carrots, zucchini, and/or yellow squash in a small amount of water, covered, for 3 minutes.
- Add sugar snap peas; cook for 2 to 3 minutes more or until vegetables are crisp-tender.
- Drain; rinse vegetables with cold water.
- Drain again.
- In a large bowl combine the cooked vegetables, tomatoes, and salad dressing, tossing gently to coat.
- Cover and chill for at least 2 hours or overnight before serving.
- If desired, garnish with oregano.
Nutritional information Edit
- 59 Calories | 2g Total Fat | 0g Saturated Fat | 43mg Sodium | 9g Carbs | 3g Dietary Fiber | 0g Sugars | 0mg Cholesterol | 2g Protein
- Exchanges: 1½ vegetable | ½ fat
- Carb Choices: ½