- 2 Tbs. flaxseeds
- 1/3 cup sunflower oil
- 3 Tbs. tahini
- 3/4 cup Sugar
- 2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 Tbs. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 cup plain soy milk
- Juice and peel of 1 lemon ( 1/4 cup)
- 1/2 cup chopped sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 2 Tbs. poppy seeds
1. In blender, grind flaxseeds to fine powder. Add 1/3 cup water and blend until frothy. Set aside.
2. Preheat oven to 350ûF. Grease and flour 9 x 5-inch loaf pan.
3. In large bowl, combine oil, tahini and Sugar. Beat with electric mixer on medium until blended. Beat in reserved flax mixture. In medium bowl, mix flour, baking powder and salt. Add to wet mixture, beating at low speed until smooth. Beat in soy milk, lemon juice and peel. Fold in sunflower seeds and Raisins until blended. Pour batter into prepared pan.
4. Sprinkle poppy seeds evenly over top. Bake until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, about 50 to 60 minutes. Cool in pan 10 minutes, then invert loaf onto rack and cool completely before slicing.