Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
A Catfish recipe.
- 2 U.S. farm-raised catfish fillets
Catfish marinade Edit
- juice of 1 lemon
- 4 green onions, chopped
- ½ cup olive oil
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
Lemon-butter sauce Edit
- ¼ cup white wine
- 1 teaspoon chopped shallot
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- 4 tablespoons chilled butter, cut into small cubes
- juice of 1 lemon
- salt and white pepper
Seasoned flour Edit
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- generous pinch of each of the following:
- To marinate the catfish, purée lemon juice, green onions and olive oil in a blender.
- Pour marinade into a shallow dish and add salt and black pepper to taste.
- Add catfish fillets, turning to coat.
- Refrigerate, covered, for 12 to 24 hours to marinate.
- To prepare the lemon butter sauce, simmer wine and shallot in a small saucepan over medium heat until wine has evaporated.
- Add cream and simmer until reduced by half.
- Remove from the heat.
- Gradually whisk in cubes of butter, a few at a time, until sauce thickens and is thoroughly blended.
- Return pan very briefly to the heat to help incorporate butter, if necessary.
- Season to taste with lemon juice, salt and white pepper.
- Prepare a grill or preheat the broiler.
- To prepare the seasoned flour, mix flour, and the baking powder in a shallow dish or on a piece of wax paper.
- Drain excess marinade from fillets and pat dry with paper towels.
- Lightly dredge catfish fillets in flour mixture.
- Place fillets on an oiled grill rack or broiler pan rack and grill or broil catfish about 4 inches from the heat source for about 3 to 4 minutes on each side, or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork.
- Serve with lemon butter sauce and garnish with lemon wedges and green onions.