Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
A Catfish recipe.
- 2 1/4 pounds U.S. Farm-Raised Catfish, cut into pieces
- 1 cup Wood chips or 1/3 cup wood pellets
- 1 lemon, sliced
- 1 lime, sliced
- 3 cups Cooked rice
- Lemon-lime Marinade (see recipe below)
- Juice of 2 lemons
- Juice of 2 limes
- 1 cup olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup Chopped fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 cup Chopped fresh mint or lemon balm leaves
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
1. Pour 1 cup of the marinade into a resealable plastic bag, add the fish, seal, shake to coat, and refrigerate 1 hour to marinate. Reserve the remaining marinade.
2. Place the wood chips in water to soak or place the wood pellets in a heavy-duty aluminum foil packet with holes poked into it. Prepare hot fire.
3. When ready to grill, place the drained wood chips or foil packet on the fire. Set an oiled grill wok on the rack above the fire. Transfer the ingredients to the grill wok, using a slotted spoon to drain the excess marinade.
4. “Stir-grill,” tossing the fish and lemon and lime slices with 2 long-handled wooden spoons or grill spatulas until the fish is opaque, 3 to 5 minutes. Close the grill and cook for 3 to 4 minutes more.
5. Serve the fish and citrus slices over rice and drizzle with remaining marinade. Serves 6.
6. Marinade: Combine citrus juices and olive oil in a medium-size bowl, whisking constantly until thoroughly blended. Add garlic, basil, and mint and season with salt and pepper. Will keep, tightly covered, in the refrigerator for several days. Makes 2 cups.