Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This divine soup is great for entertaining!
- Contributed by Healthy Recipes for diabetic Friends Y-Group
- Source: Diabetic Living Diet
- Prep Time: 35 Minutes | Cook Time: 15 Minutes | Total Time: 50 Minutes
- Servings: 16
- 6 medium leeks
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 3 lb potatoes
- 3 cans chicken broth, reduced-sodium
- 2 tsp lemon peel
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp white pepper
- 1 quarts buttermilk
- 8 oz sour cream, light or fat-free
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- In a 4- to 5-quart dutch oven, cook leeks in hot oil until tender.
- Remove about half of the leeks with a slotted spoon.
- Transfer to a small container; cover and chill.
- Add potatoes,broth, lemon peel, salt, and white pepper to leeks in dutch oven.
- Bring to boiling; reduce heat.
- Cover and simmer about * 15 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Cool slightly.
- In a blender or food processor, blend or process potato mixture in small batches until smooth.
- Transfer to a very large container.
- Stir in buttermilk.
- Cover and chill for 8 to 48 hours.
- Ladle into appetizer-size soup cups or bowls.
- In a small bowl, combine sour cream and lemon juice.
- Dollop a small spoonful of the sour cream mixture onto each serving.
- Top with chilled leek slices.
- If desired, serve with lemon wedges.
Nutritional information Edit
- 115 Calories | 1g Saturated Fat | 329 mg Sodium | 2g Total Fat | 19g Carbs | 1g Dietary Fiber | 2 mg cholesterol | 5g Protein
- Exchanges: 1 starch | ½ fat
- Carb Choices: 1.5