This divine soup is great for entertaining!
- Contributed by Healthy Recipes for diabetic Friends Y-Group
- Source: Diabetic Living Diet
- Prep Time: 35 Minutes | Cook Time: 15 Minutes | Total Time: 50 Minutes
- Servings: 16
- 6 medium leeks
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 3 lb potatoes
- 3 cans chicken broth, reduced-sodium
- 2 tsp lemon peel
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp white pepper
- 1 quarts buttermilk
- 8 oz sour cream, light or fat-free
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- In a 4- to 5-quart dutch oven, cook leeks in hot oil until tender.
- Remove about half of the leeks with a slotted spoon.
- Transfer to a small container; cover and chill.
- Add potatoes,broth, lemon peel, salt, and white pepper to leeks in dutch oven.
- Bring to boiling; reduce heat.
- Cover and simmer about * 15 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Cool slightly.
- In a blender or food processor, blend or process potato mixture in small batches until smooth.
- Transfer to a very large container.
- Stir in buttermilk.
- Cover and chill for 8 to 48 hours.
- Ladle into appetizer-size soup cups or bowls.
- In a small bowl, combine sour cream and lemon juice.
- Dollop a small spoonful of the sour cream mixture onto each serving.
- Top with chilled leek slices.
- If desired, serve with lemon wedges.
Nutritional information Edit
- 115 Calories | 1g Saturated Fat | 329 mg Sodium | 2g Total Fat | 19g Carbs | 1g Dietary Fiber | 2 mg cholesterol | 5g Protein
- Exchanges: 1 starch | ½ fat
- Carb Choices: 1.5