Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 3 Tbs. light brown sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp. minced fresh ginger
- 1 1/2 tsp. crystallized ginger, crushed
- 2 Tbs. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 lb. beets, trimmed, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1/2 lb. carrots, peeled and cut diagonally into 1/2-inch slices
- 6 small shallots, peeled and halved
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 3/4 cup chopped toasted walnuts
3. Cover, and cook on low until vege-tables are soft, 6 to 8 hours. To serve, sprinkle with chopped toasted walnuts.
OVEN METHOD: Prepare lemon-ginger mixture as directed. Preheat oven to 375F. Place beets, carrots and shallots in ovenproof dish; pour on lemon-ginger mixture, stirring to coat. Season with salt and pepper. Cover, and bake until vegetables are tender, 1 to 1 1/2 hours. When ready to serve, sprinkle with chopped toasted walnuts.