Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- 1 cup bulgur, medium grind
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 small green bell pepper, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups canned chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup fresh parsley, chopped
1.Place bulgur in a bowl. 2.Bring stock to a boil, add half the cumin, and pour stock over bulgur. Stir once and let sit 10 to 15 minutes, until most of the liquid has been absorbed and bulgur is fluffy. 3.Heat oil in a heavy nonstick skillet over medium heat. Sautè onion, green pepper and half the garlic 3 to 5 minutes, stirring, until onion is translucent. Add remaining garlic and cumin. Sautè about 30 seconds. 4.Stir in bulgur and chickpeas. Stir together a few minutes. Then add remaining ingredients, combine well and season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve hot.
- Fruit & Vegetable of the Month: Lemon by the US Centers for Disease Control & Prevention, public domain government resource—original source of recipe