Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Leg of Lamb
Caramel potatoes Edit
- about 500 g (1 lb) potatoes, medium size, cooked and peeled
- 40 g ( 1½ oz) margarine
- 5 tablespoons sugar
- Put the leg of lamb on a grid in a roasting pan and pour 1 litre (2 pints) of water into the pan.
- You can also put the leg of lamb in a roasting bag, and then you do not add water.
- Place into oven, then heat oven to 150-175°C (280-325°F), and roast for one hour for each kilo (2 lbs) of weight.
- Pour the stock from the pan over the leg of lamb occasionally with a spoon.
- For the last half hour of cooking switch on the grill, and grill the leg of lamb on both sides.
- If you use a roasting bag, open it for the last half hour and grill in the same way.
- Sieve the stock into a casserole and skim off the fat.
- Thicken the sauce with flour, or your favourite thickening, season and colour with gravy browning.
- Add the cream and remove from the heat.
- Serve with your choice of vegetables and caramel potatoes.