Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Purchased from the Parnell Estate in Canton, Texas in 1988.
- Contributed by Cat's Recipes Y-Group
- 1 leg of kid, about 3 pounds, membrane and and fat
- wine vinegar
- 3 large garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 bay leaf, crumbled
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 ounces pancetta, chopped
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Wipe meat with vinegar and—wipe dry.
- In a food processor, combine garlic, bay leaf, paprika, salt, pepper, pancetta and oil. Process to a paste and spread all over kid.
- Refrigerate, covered, for 2 or 3 hours.
- Roast in a preheated 375 °F oven until internal temperature reaches 165 °F, about 1 hour, turning meat after 30 minutes. (Kid is best roasted to the medium stage.)
- Transfer to platter and let rest for 10 minutes before carving. Serve with rice.