Purchased from the Parnell Estate in Canton, Texas in 1988.
- Contributed by Cat's Recipes Y-Group
- 1 leg of kid, about 3 pounds, membrane and and fat
- wine vinegar
- 3 large garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 bay leaf, crumbled
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 ounces pancetta, chopped
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Wipe meat with vinegar and—wipe dry.
- In a food processor, combine garlic, bay leaf, paprika, salt, pepper, pancetta and oil. Process to a paste and spread all over kid.
- Refrigerate, covered, for 2 or 3 hours.
- Roast in a preheated 375 °F oven until internal temperature reaches 165 °F, about 1 hour, turning meat after 30 minutes. (Kid is best roasted to the medium stage.)
- Transfer to platter and let rest for 10 minutes before carving. Serve with rice.