Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- Bring milk and margarine to a boil.
- Pour over the flour.
- Stir to make a thick porridge.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Knead in flour to make a pliable dough.
- Divide the dough into pieces of equal size.
- Roll out into thin sheets and cook on a griddle , rolled side down.
- Immediately as the lefse are placed on the griddle, sprinkle with lukewarm water.
- Cook until light brown on both sides with small golden bubbles and crisp.
- Store in a dark, cool place.
- These keep well.
- Soften in a damp cloth.
- Spread with butter and sprinkle with sugar if served with coffee.