Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This recipe is for 8 servings.
- 2 lbs leeks
- ⅓ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 small carrots, halved and slced
- 2 tbsp uncooked rice
- 1½ tsp sugar
- ¾ tsp salt
- juice of half lemon
- 1½ cup water
- Trim leeks.
- Remove a few of the outer layers.
- Slice ¾" thick, discard tough green leaves.
- Wash well in several changes of water.
- In a heavy skillet, heat olive oil.
- Stir in leeks and carrots.
- Cover and cook very gently for 30 minutes, shaking the skillet occasionally.
- Blend in the remaining ingredients in order.
- Cover and simmer for 30 minutes, checking the liquid.
- Add more water if necessary.
- When fully cooked, it should be very moist but not watery.
- Serve cold with lemon juice.
- Serve as part of a buffet including other vegetable dishes.