Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- Two 9-inch un-baked pie shells, at room temperature
- 1 leek, chopped
- 1 cup cauliflower, chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 8 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups low-fat milk
1. Preheat oven to 375º.
2.Toast pie crusts in oven for 10 minutes.
3. Sauté leeks and cauliflower in butter until soft.
4. Beat eggs, milk and cheese together until blended.
5. Sprinkle a thin layer of sautéed leeks and cauliflower onto bottom of toasted pie crusts.
6. Pour egg and cheese mixture over leeks and cauliflower.
7. Bake in oven for 30–35 minutes or until knife inserted near center comes out clean.
- Frozen pie shells come in packages of two. Make two pies and freeze one for later.
- Leek and Cauliflower Quiche from the Public Health Cookbook by the Seattle & King County Department of Public Health—original source of recipe, public domain government resource