Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Gingham Estate in Fort Worth, Texas in 1992.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 leeks white parts only thinly sliced
- ½ red bell pepper seeded and thinly sliced
- ¼ pound goat cheese
- 6 eggs
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- In a 12-inch skillet heat two tablespoons butter and the oil then cook leeks and pepper for 8 minutes then melt in the goat cheese and remove mixture to a large bowl and allow to cool for a few minutes.
- Add eggs, thyme, salt and pepper to the leek mixture and whisk together until combined.
- Add remaining butter to the skillet and heat then pour egg mixture into skillet and cook over medium heat until eggs are partially set.
- Slide the frittata onto a large platter then flip back into the skillet with the uncooked side down and cook for about 3 minutes longer.
- Let cool and serve warm or at room temperature cut into wedges.