Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Wonderful South German/Austrian liver dumpling soup
- 40 minutes preparation
- 6 – 8 servings
- 1 lb chicken livers, parboiled for 5 minutes
- 2 slices white bread, torn into crumbs
- 2 eggs, separated
- ¼ cup soft butter
- 2 teaspoons chopped onions
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley
- 1½ teaspoons salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons flour
- Chop parboiled chicken livers very fine.
- Combine with bread, egg yolks, butter, parsley, salt, pepper, and flour.
- Beat egg whites until stiff; fold into meat mixture.
- Shape into 1½ inch meatballs.
- Drop them into gently boiling stock.
- Simmer 6 – 8 minutes.
- Add additional parsley to stock for garnish.