Yoghurt with meat
- 32 oz lamb stew meat, cubed
- 32 oz small onions, peeled
- ½ cup fried pine nuts
- 1 tbsp salt
- ½ tsp ground allspice
- 96 oz cooked yoghurt
- Place meat cubes in a pot.
- Add salt, allspice and enough water to cover meat.
- Bring to boil over high heat.
- Remove scum every time it appears.
- Reduce heat to moderate.
- Cover pot, and cook for 1 ½ hours.
- Add peeled onions.
- Continue cooking until meat is tender for about 30 minutes.
- Remove meat and mince onions with stock in a food processor.
- Put minced onions in another pot.
- Place cooked yoghurt over medium heat, stir in onion mixture and salt till it boils.
- Pour in large bowls and garnish with meat cubes and pine nuts.
- Serve hot or cold with cooked rice.