Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Dressed with a tangy lemon vinaigrette and fresh mint, this invigorating and dairy-free potato salad makes the perfect summer potluck contribution.
ChupaNote: as usual, couldn't help embellishing. Added a small jar of grilled eggplant in oil (drain oil), a handful of chopped black olives, ¼ pound crumbled feta cheese, a handful of capers, and a small jar of grilled red peppers (drain oil). Of course, with all that... needed more mint and a tablespoon of red pepper flakes!!!
- Contributed by Healthy Recipes For Diabetic Friends Y-Group
- Source: Eating Well, May/June 2007
- Formatted by Chupa Babi in MC: 05.21.07
- Active time: 20 minutes | Total time: 1¼ hours (including cooling time)
- Makes 8 servings, about ⅔ cup each
- 2 pounds russet potatoes (about 3 medium)
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- freshly ground pepper to taste
- 4 scallions, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup chopped fresh mint
- Place potatoes in a large saucepan or dutch oven and cover with lightly salted water.
- Bring to a boil and cook until tender, 25 to 30 minutes.
- Drain and rinse with cold water.
- Transfer to a cutting board.
- Let cool for 20 minutes.
- Cut the cooled potatoes into ½-inch pieces.
- Whisk lemon juice, oil, salt and pepper in a large bowl.
- Add the potatoes and toss to coat.
- Just before serving, add scallions and mint to the salad and toss gently.
- Make ahead tip: prepare through step 7; cover and refrigerate for up to 2 days.
- Add additional lemon juice and/or salt to taste.
Nutritional information Edit
Per ⅔ cup serving:
- 143 calories | 5 g fat (1 g sat, 4 g mono) | 0 mg cholesterol | 22 g carbohydrate | 3 g protein | 2 g fiber | 153 mg sodium | 516 mg potassium
- Nutrition bonus: Vitamin C (20% daily value) | Potassium (15% dv)
- Carbohydrate Servings: 1½
- Exchanges: 1½ starch | 1 fat