This is eaten with Arabic bread (pita bread.) Chickpeas with sesame paste. Yield: 4 servings.
- 1 cup chickpeas
- 1 cup tahini (sesame paste)
- juice of 3 large lemons
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ glove garlic, mashed
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- Wash the chickpeas, drain, cover with water and let soak overnight.
- Next day, boil till tender an hour or longer.
- Mash all but a quarter cup to a puree.
- Add the sesame oil, lemon juice, salt, and garlic.
- Mix well and put on a plate.
- Pour the olive oil on top and garnish with the extra whole chick Peas, paprika, and parsley.