Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This is eaten with Arabic bread (pita bread.) Chickpeas with sesame paste. Yield: 4 servings.
- 1 cup chickpeas
- 1 cup tahini (sesame paste)
- juice of 3 large lemons
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ glove garlic, mashed
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- Wash the chickpeas, drain, cover with water and let soak overnight.
- Next day, boil till tender an hour or longer.
- Mash all but a quarter cup to a puree.
- Add the sesame oil, lemon juice, salt, and garlic.
- Mix well and put on a plate.
- Pour the olive oil on top and garnish with the extra whole chick Peas, paprika, and parsley.