Optionally, substitute the garbanzo and fava beans with 2 cups of chickpeas for a quick and ultimately American-Labanese falafel. * Cook Time: Approx. 50 Minutes
- Makes about 24 patties, enough for 6 sandwiches.
- Run the drained garbanzo beans and fava beans through the fine blade on your meat grinder or in your food processor. Blend in all the remaining ingredients and let the mixture stand for 1 hour.
- Form into little patties ⅓ inch thick and 1½ inches round. Or, you can form them into balls the size of walnuts.
- Deep-fry in 375 °F oil until toasty brown and crunchy on the outside, about 4 minutes.
- Fill pita bread with falafel, sliced tomatoes, sliced onion, lettuce, yogurt, hummus, etc.