Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- 1 teaspoon active dry yeast
- 3½ cups flour
- 1¼ cups warm water
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon sugar
- In a mixing bowl, combine yeast with 1½ cups of flour.
- Combine water, oil, salt, and sugar and add to yeast mixture.
- Beat for ½ minute with an electric mixer at low speed; then beat for 3 minutes at high speed.
- Work in remaining flour by hand to form a smooth and elastic dough.
- Put in a greased bowl in a warm spot, cover, and let rise for 45 minutes.
- Punch dough down, divide into 12 pieces, and roll each into a ball.
- Let rest for 10 minutes.
- Flatten each ball into a 5-inch circle.
- Place on a greased baking sheet; cover and let rest for 20 to 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400°F degrees.
- Bake for 9 to 10 minutes, until puffed and lightly browned on bottom.
- Immediately wrap in foil and cool.