Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This lean chicken salad recipe is perfect for eating alone on a bed of lettuce or on toasted whole wheat bread. Chicken salad will spice up any dinner plate. This recipe even has a sweet taste with the addition of raisins.
- Contributed by Healthy Recipes For Diabetic Friends Y-Group
- 3 boneless, skinless chicken breast meat, cubed
- ½ cup sweet pickle relish
- ¼ cup red onion, finely minced
- 1 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- ¼ cup celery, finely minced
- ¼ cup red bell pepper, diced
- ¼ cup cherry tomatoes, diced
- 2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp black pepper
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp fresh squeezed lemon juice
- ½ cup raisins
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Grease a casserole dish with cooking spray or olive oil.
- You can buy pre-cubed chicken or buy whole chicken breasts and cut them up yourself.
- If you cut the kitchen up this way, you will be available to cut the chicken to your liking.
- In a medium sized mixing bowl, combine the cubed chicken, the mayonnaise, and the fresh squeezed lemon juice.
- Lemon juice out of a bottle may be substituted, if you prefer.
- Stir the chicken salad.
- Now add the sweet pickle relish, red onion, and celery.
- More mayonnaise may be used if mixture becomes too dry.
- Continue stirring.
- Add the red bell pepper, cherry tomatoes, and the raisins.
- Lastly add the salt, black pepper, and garlic powder to the chicken salad.
- Cream this mixture together well and spoon it into the casserole dish.
- Spread the chicken salad around evenly.
- Bake the chicken salad on 350°F for 12 – 15 minutes or less depending on the size of your oven.
- Remove the pan from the oven and let it cool.
- Place the chicken salad into a serving dish with a lid.
- Chill the chicken salad before serving.