Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Fresh ruby red strawberries give your taste buds a treat. The juice is sweet and tantalizing. Even the aroma of fresh berries excites the palate and prepares the way for a great adventure in eating. Try this recipe as you partake of a fruit that is luscious, beautiful in color, and heavenly in any menu plan. Enjoy!
- Contributed by ©Arleen M. Kaptur March 2002, Author of books and articles on living a simple, rustic lifestyle - and getting the most from each and every day. Excerpt from strawberry/chocolate Recipes by Arleen M. Kaptur
- Arleen Kaptur may be contacted at http://www.arleenssite.com firstname.lastname@example.org
- http://www.ideamarketers.com/library/profile.cfm?writerid=3502 to view more of her articles.
- 2 cups fresh strawberries, washed, hulled and sliced
- 1 cup sugar
- ¼ cup cornstarch
- 2½ tbsp strawberry “jello” powder
- 1 cup cold water
- 1¾ cups cold milk
- 1 pkg. instant vanilla pudding
- 5 cups cubed angel food cake
- 2½ cups whipped heavy cream
- In a pan combine the “jello” powder, sugar and cornstarch.
- Slowly add the water and stir until smooth.
- Bring to a boil, cook, stirring constantly, until syrup has thickened.
- Remove from the heat.
- Stir in the strawberry slices and set aside.
- In a mixer, combine the cold milk and the pudding mix.
- Beat on low for 2½ minutes, until thickened. Set aside.
- In a clear glass bowl (to allow the colors to show) place half of the angel food cubes.
- Also pour one-half of the pudding over the cubes, then one-half of the strawberry mixture, topped with one-half of the whipped heavy cream. Repeat the process.
- Garnish with slivers of chocolate.
- Your guests will feel the luxury with every bite.