Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Makes 6 servings
- ¾ pound lean ground lamb
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon ground coriander
- ⅛ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ⅛ teaspoon crushed hot pepper flakes
- 1 cup chopped onion
- ½ cup chopped red pepper
- 1 teaspoon firmly packed brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon ground turmeric
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- 3 cups cooked rice (cooked in chicken broth)
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- Cook lamb with salt, cumin, coriander, nutmeg and pepper flakes in large skillet over medium heat.
- Remove meat mixture; set aside.
- Cook onion, red pepper, brown sugar, turmeric, cinnamon and chili powder in skillet 3 to 5 minutes.
- Stir in rice.
- Arrange half of rice mixture in bottom of buttered 2-quart baking dish; top with meat mixture.
- Arrange remaining rice mixture in smooth layer over meat.
- Do not pack down.
- Cook onion slices in butter in same skillet until soft but not brown.
- Garnish with onion slices.
- Bake at 350°F for 15 to 20 minutes.